Facing criminal charges in The State of Michigan is a serious matter and not something you should take lightly. Whether you are facing a misdemeanor or felony criminal charges, you need a criminal defense attorney who knows exactly how to handle your case from beginning to end. Even the accusations of criminal activity can ruin your life and your reputation. Facing criminal charges in Michigan can affect your freedom and your financial standing.
You are likely concerned with the prospect of spending time in jail, the damage a conviction would have on your life, and the impact to both your future and the future of your family. Whether this is your first charge, you have numerous prior convictions, or you are facing multiple serious charges, The Law Office of Gene F. Turnwald is fully committed to obtaining you a favorable outcome. Criminal defense attorney Gene Turnwald shares your concerns and will aggressively defend your rights and guide you through every step of the legal process.
Balancing The Government Advantage
Our attorneys understand the Michigan Criminal Justice System has the government advantage and a wealth of resources available. They have a huge budget provided by the taxpayers, an entire legal staff dedicated to this case, and an extensive police force and investigators.
We work to even the playing field by giving outstanding legal defense, representation, and case results to our clients accused of both state and federal crimes throughout Mid-Michigan.
We know the importance of communication when representing our clients. Clients need to know what the situation and where they stand so then can process and determine the best options going forward. Our attorney staff is always approachable, intelligent, responsive, and most importantly effective.
Cases That We Handle
Gene Turnwald has been representing clients facing criminal charges for decades and over that time has proven that he knows what it takes to win in drunk driving cases, drug charge cases, sex crime cases, assault and battery cases, theft and property crime cases, traffic violations, and drivers license restoration cases. Our offices also provide post-conviction services including appeals, probation violations, parole violations, and expungments. Regardless of the type of charge you are facing, our criminal attorneys are ready to fight for your rights and guide you through the entire legal defense process including an early investigation to trial and even post-trial in some cases.
Experienced Representation In All Criminal Defense Cases
Our criminal defense attorneys thoroughly investigate every case that we take in order to give you the best defense representation possible. We will determine what rights of yours that may have been violated, ask the right questions on your behalf, and then see what criminal defense strategies might apply.
- Driving Under The Influence – Was this your 1st drunk driving or criminal offense? What field sobriety tests and methods were used and who conducted them? Was the breathalyzer test given correctly and reliable?
- Possession or Distribution of Drugs – How did the police obtain the evidence? Was there a search warrant issued and executed beforehand?
- Sexual Assault/Statutory Rape – How involved are you with the alleged victim? How old is the alleged victim? Is the age the only reason for the arrest?
- Child Molestion or Sexual Abuse – Is the witness or alleged victim being manipulated or pressured in any way?
- Other Charges – Were any technical errors committed by the police? Did they read you Miranda rights? Are the witnesses reliable and will they show up to give a statement? Were any police informants or undercovers utilized?
Contact an Okemos Criminal Defense Trial Attorney
When your freedom and future is at stake, you need to hire a criminal defense attorney who will fight relentlessly for you and protect your rights. If you have been arrested or facing criminal charges call us today at (517) 347-6700 for a free initial consultation. We will immediately start working on your case and begin to walk you through the steps you need to take to protect both your freedom and your rights.